If you are a fan of parsley you will love this recipe! Tabouli is a yummy and healthy Lebanese salad. It's extremely flavorful and for me, the best part about tabouli is the taste of the lemon juice. I absolutely love how deliciously the lemon juice blends in with the parsley and tomatoes!
When finding your ingredients for Tabouli, be sure to get bulgar that is more coarse than fine (some supermarkets sell bulgar but it is usually fine and powdery). Fine bulgar will affect your Tabouli's appearance and taste, so be sure to find a bulgar that is coarse. You might have to take a trip to a local Middle Eastern grocery store to find the right type of bulgar.
1. Rinse parsley and lay it out to dry
2. Soak 1/2 cup of bulgar in water for about 15 minutes
3. Bunch the parsley in your hand by lining up the stems together and cut off stems
4. Leaving parsley bunched, chop finely (you can also use a food processor but you may lose the juice from the parsley)
5. Place the chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl, add 3 diced scallions (or onion), and diced tomatoes
6. Once bulgar is soaked, add it to mixture with 5 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 dashes of pepper, 1 tablespoon of salt, 5 tablespoons of lemon juice OR juice from 2 large lemons and toss (remember, spices are to taste so feel free to add more or less)
We love to eat our tabouli on romaine lettuce and also with a side of homemade french fries for an extra treat. Enjoy :)