Vegetarians (and everyone else) will love this dish! Loubieh Bil Zeit is a Lebanese green bean dish that is simple, healthy, and full of flavor. Enjoy it with some radishes and pita bread!
1. Cut ends and strings off of the green beans and rinse them in water
2. Dice your onion and garlic
3. In a skillet, add olive oil (or more to taste)
4. Once oil is heated, add onions and garlic. Sauté until wilted
5. Once wilted, add green beans, dash of pepper, teaspoon of allspice, teaspoon of salt (spices to taste) and toss
6. Once mixed, simmer on low heat and cover. Should take about 30 minutes until tender
*Optional* If you are adding tomato, dice it and add it to the mixture before covering to simmer