Eloss Medinah (Fried Taro Root)
Here's an easy recipe for a delicious vegetarian dish called Eloss Madinah which is Arabic for "potato of the city." This dish has a few other Arabic names, but to keep it simple we will just call it Fried Taro Root! Taro root is similar to potatoes, in taste and in texture, and can be found in any produce section. If you love the flavor of garlic and lemon juice, you will love this dish! :)
1. Peel taro root (using potato peeler). After peeling it, wipe clean with towel or paper towel, do not wash with water. *Root may feel sticky, that's normal!
2. Cut taro root into chunks
3. In a deep dish pan (with a top), heat olive oil on medium heat
4. Once oil is hot, add taro root and cook it on each side for 3-5 minutes or until browned
5. In the meantime, mix lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt (to taste) in a separate bowl.
6. Add garlic and lemon mixture to pan once taro root has browned on each side. Cover pot and simmer for 10 minutes. *(We added 1/2 cup of water to mixture to make it juicier, this is optional)*
4/28/2021 02:09:03 am
Yummy, my favourite dish.
11/17/2022 11:08:00 pm
Half hand only left service design argue. Rather site push everything.
Leave a Reply.